Professional Development Seminars
Student Paper Contest
Announcing - IEEE Region 4 Student Paper Contest
||Any Region 4 IEEE undergraduate student member*
(or group of undergraduate student members)|
||Student papers written and presented by undergraduate IEEE student members|
* You may submit a paper that was already PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN, whether it was for leisure,
a class project, or senior design, etc.
* Your paper will be selected and judged based on written and oral communication skills,
NOT ONLY ON TECHNICAL CONTENT.
||Written Paper due:
May 15th, 2014;|
Oral Presentation to be presented
June 6th, 2014 (if your paper is chosen)
||EIT Conference at Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, WI, USA
(note that reasonable travel expenses will be paid for by IEEE Region 4)|
||Submit a written paper (via mail or email) that follows the guidelines
on or before the due date; then prepare and give a presentation.|
Guidelines can be found at:
The paper can be from a
previous project or previous paper from school projects.
Email written paper to:
- You may already have a school project that can easily be put into the correct format.
- Travel expenses will be paid for those papers chosen to move to the oral presentations.
- Win a prestigious IEEE award that will enhance your resume;
And gain experience with writing and presenting a technical paper;
- The award comes with cash 1st place: $800; 2nd place: $500; 3rd place: $200;
- Winning paper/s will be forwarded for review and possible publication in IEEE Potentials!
||* There may be help (including financial) available for becoming a student
member if not already a member.|
For questions about the Student Paper Contest, contact Steven James at